[T3] Cruel VW Bumper Joke?

FYI, I just found out that early chrome front bumpers are about 1.5 cm
longer than the later front bumpers.  My '65 has a front bumper stamped
"VW64."  I tried to replace it with a bumper stamped "VW67" and found out
that the later one (from a '67?) was about 1.5cm too sè>Puriously, all
the bumper mounting holes and over-riders lined up perfectly.  I had to put
the old bumper on after scratching one of my newly painted fenders with the
shorter bumper.

I was surprised by the difference because it is not obvious even when one
stands the newer bumper next to the older one.  Just thought that I would
warn others about this if they are looking for a front bumper replacement.

All the best,

John
Zagreb, Croatia