[T3] Carpet kit recommendations (back-patting in 1st paragraph :-

Okay, I removed my a‡%4âtem and it's spaghetti wiring -- WOW, I got lots
of
space under the dash!  I removed the destroyed speaker grill and covered the
offending hole with my Caffinated Orange felt that was left over from my
headliner.  I then put a 3-gauge pod on top of that (for those of you at the
Sept. '98 Texas VW show when I was there, it looks like the gauge pod that
was
in the green Fasty) and it houses my voltmeter, air/fuel Lambda meter, and
oil
pressure gauges.  BTW, when wiring multiple gauges for adjustable
illumination
be sure to wire them in parallel, NOT SERIES, to get even lighting when
wired
into your stock lighting circuit (I tapped off the bulb in my tach, which
used
to be the stock clock light wire).  I then made a simple custom mounting
bracket
for my Sony stereo and bolted it in the stock location.  To keep the stereo
from
looking like it was just thrown in I wrapped it in the Caffinated Orange
felt
with proper cut-outs for ventilation and cooling.

Damn - I did a good, clean job on all the wiring, if I say so myself!  And
with
the center console out of the way the cabin looks much bigger!!  I plan on
using
my shift tunnel tray (dealer option for automatics, *similar* to
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/type3/literature/sales/accessoriesbrochure6.jpg)
but
with my felt to line the bottom of the trays since the original wood-looking
liner bubbled up and cracked.

Now, all the interior needs is a new set of carpets to replace the very,
very
worn *stock* set.  The TMI seat covers and TMI door panels fit and look good
so
I'm tempted to buy their carpet kit as well (cabin only, no need for trunk
or
cargo carpeting).  Quality, fit, looks and price, respectively, are my
criteria.
Comments by anyone who has installed an after-market carpet kit on brand
names
and their experiences?  I'm very good at reading directions, test fitting
and
refitting and re-refitting, so I don't need step-by-step help (besides, it's
carpet, it really ain't that difficult!) but any "gotcha!"s that people have
experienced would be appreciated.
‰DÎke and post pictures once I'm done and the engine is in (which should
be
arriving in two weeks, riiiiiigh Mr. Fye?).

   CC replies to: None, as I get messages right away.
   Toby Erkson
   '95 VW Jetta III GL 2.0L, P-Chipped, Jamex sport suspension
   Portland, Oregon, http://www.pobox.com/~toby_erkson/