Re: [T3] 12v motor into a 6v trans questions

On 26 Jan 99, at 15:37, ned_glenn@hotmail.com wrote:

> q: Can we use a 12v starter on the 6v swing axle trans?  (the idea is to
> do an entire 12v conversion)  Do we need to shim the starter or make any
> other mods to the bellhousing to get the starter to fit?

No shims (that's strictly an American concept!) but you will need to
buy and install an adaptor bushing in the transmission case for the
drive end of the starter shaft.  You should do all this while there
is no engine in the car.  It can be done with the engine in, but if
you don't understand exactly what you are doing you will kick
yourself around the block for not doing this so you could see and
understand.

> Q: do we need to change the pilot berring in the 12v flywhell?

No

Jim