[T3] 12v motor into a 6v trans questions

Hi all,
	This weekend I'll be helping a friend put a '69 (12v) T3 motor into a
6v swing axle Squareback.  I know we'll have to clearance the
bellhousing to fit the larger flywheel, but....

q: Can we use a 12v starter on the 6v swing axle trans?  (the idea is to
do an entire 12v conversion)  Do we need to shim the starter or make any
other mods to the bellhousing to get the starter to fit?

Q: do we need to change the pilot berring in the 12v flywhell?

thanks for any and all sage advise

ned