Re: [T3] Maxi Sumps in VWT

I had one of these in sump filters, and loved it.  It is nice because it
requires no modification of the fan housing (it goes in place of the stock
sump plate) and isn't that obtrusive (same diameter as the sump plate, too).
The filter is somewhat small, but obviously better than the stock strainer,
and I was suprised to find out that my sisters Pontiac Grand Am uses an
almost identical filter (in it's oil pan, too).  So, it must work somewhat
well for GM to use it on a modern 2.5 liter engine.  My old 71 squareback
had a 1776 with dual Dellortos and was slightly lowered, I even had a VDO
temperature sender in the drain plug of the Maxi Sump, and only scraped it
once (when camping in the mountains, a little off-road).  I would reccommend
it, and my square ran great, and as far as I know still is with the new
owner!

Yancy Everhart

66 Squareback
66 Beetle Sunroof