Re: [T3] my stock FI is a wonerfull

On 18 Nov 2001, at 0:44, L&J wrote:

> I have a stock FI in a 69 Fastback and spent about a year working out
> the kinks only to find a major source of weird headaches is the
> connections inside the connector block to the brain

I've not seen this problem, to my knowledge, but even Muir
describes how to take the connector apart and tighten the
connector pins slightly to assure good contact. Do this gently and
carefully, don't overdo it. It should be easy and permanent.

> I have heard of soldering the brain harness to
> the brain but I just have not got around to doing it.  So I just leave
> it lay in the engine compartment and if it stalls or runns funny I'll

Please don't do this. It's just a way to paint yourself into an
unfixable corner. Kind of like soldering your carbs together to fix a
gasket leak.

PS Next time you post, please don't include 29kB of unrelated
to a digest. -thanks-