Re: [T3] Engine Rebuilds - Original or Exchange?

On 23 Mar 99, at 6:27, Robert Burgess wrote:

> I have '65 Type III Sq. On most classic cars it is critical to use the
> original engine not a rebuilt exchange. I've always herd if the engine #'s
> don't match the car is severely devalued. Does it really matter on
T-IIIs.

I think it will all depend on the buyer. Of course most will never
notice, but with a discriminating buyer you will get the most money
out of it the more original it is. It is easy to "upgrade", but much
harder to maintain the original stuff.

If you are rebuilding the original engine I would absolutely go ahead
and use the original case if possible. That does not mean that you
can't install case savers and a counterweighted crank, however. Those
changes could always be reversed if desired.

Jim