Re: [T3] Engine Rebuilds - Original or Exchange?

>I have '65 Type III Sq. On most classic cars it is critical to use the
original engine not a rebuilt exchange. I've always herd if the engine
#'s don't match the car is severely devalued. Does it really matter on
T-IIIs. I know VWs are not $40k classics but my '65 T-IIIhas allot of
sentimental value.

I have a performance shop in Tampa, FL, and we do a number of engine
rebuilds for people with just the same concerns that you have.  We can
rebuild the actual engine that is in your square now.  I am a Volkswagen
factory trained tech as well as being an A.S.E. certified Master Engine
Machinist and Master Auto Tech.  I do all of the rebuilds personally to
ensure top quality, so when your engine comes to point where it requires
rebuilding please keep me in mind.

Jasper Webb-J.W. Autohaus and Flat Four Racing
(813)932-1732 speedyvw@hotmail.com