[T3] Square Hinge Cover

To add confusion to this answer.....

  Last weekend I personally saw a 1965 VW 1500 S Squareback.  It was this
  kinda pea green outside, and had the white/pea green fabric interior.
  The headliner (or what was left of it) was white.  It had a full hatch
  hinge cover, including a spot for a light.  (light was gone) The cover
  was black in color.  However, the texture is exactly as described below.

  Allen
  70' Square
  concept@compassnet.com