[T3] Air in fuel lines

I think Jim mentioned a few weeks ago that air can be purged from the fuel
lines by shorting out some special connections on the fuel pump relay and
thereby running the pump for more than the limited 1.5 seconds.
One of the books I have says that shorting out the wrong connectors can hurt
the ECU.

Specifically which connections do I have to short out in order to run the
pump without starting the car?

I ask because I just finished replacing all the fuel lines on my car, and I
started it again on the weekend (after the car sat in my garage for a full
year). It seems to idle kinda funny at the moment - I figure it's air in the
lines, but it could be something else which I may have to work on later.
Will the air work itself out by just letting it run for a while?

Thanks,
-Nico