RE: [T3] Quiet Mufflers

My comments below.
   Toby Erkson
   '95 VW Jetta III GL 2.0L, P-Chipped, Jamex sport suspension
   Portland, Oregon, http://www.pobox.com/~toby_erkson/

P.S. It's obvious I'm on the list so there is no need to send me (or anyone
else on the list) duplicate mailings!  Thank yoooou.

Okay, I believe you.  I know leaner is bad news - I've burned a valve before
:(

>>My personal preference is the dual system.  Produces less
>>noise and still allows equal or better exhaust flow.
>But compared to what, and equal to what?  You are running a 2
>liter monster, the dude was asking about a 1600.

Before I could afford my 2.0L, before I could afford my 1641cc, it was a
stock FI 1.6L.  And she ran with dual and single mufflers.  By my parents
and later by me.  There's my experience.  In college I learned to compare
apples to apples and my orange definitely wouldn't compare toøµS#le  ;)