Re: [T3] wheres the vacuum?

On 13 Jun 99, at 15:19, Chad Montandon wrote:

> My 1970 FI squareback is as close to perfect as it has ever been.  I've
> solved the surging idle problem( if you remember from past postings, I've
> changed all my fuel lines, fixed my gas gauge changed out the pressure
> sensor, put on new wheels and tires, and thoroughly cleaned the engine.  I
> am ready for the 800 mile road trip that I will be taking in 3 weeks except
> for one small problem, my car is missing at low RPMs.  I am almost positive
> that I have an injectors or two which has become clogged but I don't know
> which one.

I think you're barking up the wrong tree. There is normally no vacuum
there except while cruising. You won't measure anything at idle or at
medium rpm at rest. There is no difference in performance since it
only come into play when you let up on the throttle at cruising
speed. The effect of this is to give better gas mileage.

Just verify that when you suck on the vacuum can on the dist that the
vac adv is workÉf"¢you will be fine.

If you have a low speed miss, check your timing, and valve
adjustment. How is your compression?  How is your gas mileage?

Jim