Re: [T3] Heating up?

On 10 Jun 99, at 22:42, aedan mcghie/scotland wrote:

> I'm interested in what you guys think about his warming up advice. He says
> to leave the engine a short time to warm up before driving off. Everything
> else I ever read said that you should drive off right away to make sure the
> oil is distributed properly by bearings which are under load.

I think it's appropriate to wait just long enough to give the oil
time to get to all the bearings before you put load on them. This
will take less than a minute; probably 30 seconds is more than
enough. I usually just start the car, listen for it to settle down
while I get my seat belt on, and then drive off.

It is also important not to demand top performance from the engine
before it is warmed up, but the best way to warm it up is to drive it
conservatively for a few minutes. The worst way to warm up an engine
is to start it and let it idle.

Jim