Re: [T3] T3 remote oil filter installation

On 7 Jun 99, at 8:43, Dan Hoopes wrote:

> On 6 Jun 99, at 19:13, Jim Adney wrote:
>
> >Besides, on a type 3 that part won't fit because the fan housing is
> >in the way.
>
> If there are enough people who want to see it, i could post some pictures of
> my remote oil filter and cooler installation.  it required a bit of
> finageling to say the least, but fits behind my customized fan housing.  i
> hadn't opted for full - flowing and therefore had to use the one where the
> outlet and inlet are both on the oil pump cap plate.

Of course it is possible to do full flow on a type 3. It just isn't
possible to use the one-piece pump/filter base designs. I have built
several type 3 engines with full flow oil filters.

Contrary to what many people will tell you, it is NOT necessary to
modify the fan housing when you do this. It IS necessary to use just
the right combinations of fittings, however.

Jim