Re: [T3] sticking ignition lock cylinder

On 7 Jun 99, at 10:14, Charlie wrote:

> This weekend started having problems with my ignition lock cylinder in
> my '67 SB.  It is very hard to rotate the key, and is rather sticky.
> It's not hard enough to break off the key, but hard.  Tried graphite, no
> change.  WD-40, no change.  It is not that the key is getting worn
> either.  Tried the original key ( I use a copy on a regular basis) and
> same thing.

:You're very smart to keep the original key safe and unworn
somewhere.

If you want to find out what the problem is you will have to take
your lock cylinder out and separate the lock from the ignition
switch. The problem could be in either part and you won't be able to
tell the difference until you separate them.

Jim