[T3] Manassas Show Review

Hello all!

Sunday was the BugOut in Manassas, VA, and I thought I'd tell you all about
it.  My day started out early...I wanted to put my car in the show, not
because I really thought it had a chance at winning, but because parking in
the show is the most convenient way to handle buying goods that are large
and bulky...it's the same price, too, so it only made sense.

At the show I met John Clift...nice guy, and I'm in debt to him for giving
me a spare type III fastback Matchbox car (thanks again, John!)...well, I
may have had a chance at winning something at the show...I mean, new paint
job, new upholstery, new wheels...but those hopes were shattered when I saw
the number of type IIIs there!  There were 4 fastbacks and 2 squarebacks,
which is a lot for this VA show...even a type 4!  Well, as hot as it was I
stuck around until 4, but couldn't stay any longer and ended up leaving
before the show results were announced.

Interesting things I saw:

- set of camping attachments for squareback, still in the box...and the guy
had no idea what they were, or what they were worth.  I shJ7žpicked
them up, but stupid me decided to educate the guy instead.

- nice type III rear bumper, which will soon be installed on my car (to
replace the dented one that it currently has)...picked it up for $30.

- the usual other stuff that might not be of interest to the type III
crowd.

Sorry about the abbreviated description...I have a ton of work to do today,
but I couldn't help passing along the bit about the camping attachment
hinges...so who's gonna rail on me for passing them up? :-)

-Doug
douglas_brashear@amsinc.com