Re: [T3] Trans prob.

What you want isn't a Helicoil, my old VW parts guy hated those.  What
you want is a spark plug insert repair, these are a solid metal sleeve
with the threads timed on the inside and outside so there's a constant
thickness of metal. I think Porsche called them Time-serts or some
such.  My VW parts guy claimed that he'd burned outé«pF Helicoils
on his sand rail and once that happens, there's nothing you can do but
scrap the head.  They're not gas-tight, being only a simple coil of
steel wire.  I've seen both at regular car parts places, probably not
the chain stores, but where the pros go for parts.  My local VW parts
guy carried them, too, at least until he went out of business.
Really, unless the threads are truly gone, you can fix them with a
spark plug tap, the seal isn't the threads, it's supposed to be on the
tapered bit above the threads.  Check the seat and the plug.  Might be
the seat's been burred up.  Best done with the head out of the car,
though, you don't want stuff getting into the chamber.