Re: SV: [T3] "Dark side" heater improvement

On 13 Jan 99, at 9:01, Sandin, Karl-Olov wrote:

> As I understand it, you have put the fan under the rear seat. Clever! You
> feed the fan with hot air from the pipe openings that comes from the std
> heater chambers, right? Is the heating system still working in its usual
> way? I mean, does the hot air pass by freely enough to do some good, even
> when you don't have the fan turned on?

This did sound appealing, but I assume he had to omit the heated air
coming out of the openings in the back seat kick panels.  Another
thing that will probably be a problem eventually is the fact that
these fans are not designed to run with hot air, and they will
probably not last too long.  The air coming out of the type 3 heaters
can get VERY hot.

Jim