Re: [T3] cutoff valve

Brad=> The right hand pipe is still backfiring.

As I often do, I have to first clarify that what you're getting is
postignition (unburned fuel igniting in the exhaust -- small pop) rather
than backfire (fire in the cylinder coming up through the carb -- big, scary
explosion).

Postignition is not unusual, and often points to an exhaust leak. Fuel in
the exhaust can indicate that the mixture is rich, spark timing is off, or a
valve isn't set right. So yes, it could be a carb problem, but I agree it's
not likely to be the cutoff valve.