[T3] Carb adjustment

Hi all,

Today I made my first attempt at adjusting my new carbs, having overhauled
the fuel system and, more recently, fixed all the leaks.

I managed to get it so the engine would idle without stopping, at approx the
right speed, and they appear to be balanced, according to my Unisyn.

However, I still have two problems:

1) The idle speed is not stable. It goes up and down, but doesn't stall

2) When I put the car in drive or reverse or drive, the idle speed goes
right down and it conks out.  Does anyone have any idea about adjusting
carbs with an automatic? How do you juggle the idle so the it's not too fast
in neutral, but doesn't conk out in gear?

Any help would be much appreciated, as usual.

Thanks,

Daniel Baum
1969 Type 34 automatic
http://www.qldesign.com/type34