[T3] travel plans!

<x-flowed>as toby can attest, there are some things you should have/do before you
travel like this...
1.  Have your own tools and parts!  People will share, but understand
that tools are a personal thing.
2.  Carry obvious spares!  Nobody wants to give up their emergency fan
belt, only to need it themselves.
3.  The car needs to be road worthy!  From personal experience, my car
only had a minor oil leak, and I still wouldn't take it on the Berg
cruise.   Better to ride along, than be towed to a strange town or
leaving your classic on the road side.  Trust me, that will ruin the fun
for you!
4.  The car needs to be road worthy!  I mean, take it on a long drive
(4+ hours) at least once before you travel!  Then, address every minor
thing you have put off just because you only drive it a short distance
normally.
5.  Don't overload the car!  Pack as light as you can, so that you have
room for tools, spare parts, and purchases on site (-:
6.  Don't push!  It is better to get here late, than not at all.  We
would like to converse with you, not about you!
7.  Keep a reasonable speed.  Though Toby's car can and does move
quickly, the group's speed should be in accordance with the weakest link
in the swarm...This is one of the reasons for the walkie talkies!  You
can loose each other on a steep grade without them.
8.  Keep a reasonable speed!!!  Shoot for 55 mph.  I know that  sounds
slooooooow, but refer to #3 above.

Hope this helps folks!

PS.  I will be leaving for the Invasion on Saturday morning (-:

--
Brian--1964 Notch Speedster 2332cc & 1959 Bug http://www.geocities.com/menacefye/
Type 3 Invasion Aug. 17th and 18th http://www.geocities.com/menacefye/invasion.html