Re: Turning brake drums

<x-charset iso-8859-1>Thanks Russ, I'll have the other drum checked and turned if needed.

I should have mentioned I was replacing the shoes on both sides, I figured
this was a good idea given the situation.  The passenger side appears to be
in mint condition in any case.

The driver's side also had some bogus wheel cylinder, the locking clip was
broken, and the locknuts were loose.  The PO's mechanic was a moron.

Everett
'63 []
everettb@thesamba.com

> On Thursday 24 January 2002 19:06, Everett Barnes wrote:
> > One of my brake linings separated from the brake shoe on my '63
> > Squareback's drivers side front and scored the drum.  I had the drum
turned
> > and found new front shoes.
> >
> > Today it occurred to me, should I get the other front drum turned too?
The

Russ said:
> I would turn both drums ond inspect the shoes/wheel cylinders on the other
side. while I was at it.

</x-charset>