[T3] British Driving -Gas Brake & Clutch Pedals

We South Africans also drive on the left hand side of the road so we also
sit on the right side of the car - Pedal layout is the same as LHD (Throttle
on Right etc.). Interestingly in some motor racing history literature I came
across some years back it was apparently quite common practice in th 50's &
60's (by the Italians I think) to reverse the layout for driver preference -
this caused some nasty accidents when different drivers tried the cars. The
other interesting layout I have seen is in an off road racing VW which had 2
additional brake pedals for the turning (cutting) brakes. Talk about
confusing.

Ian Ruinaard
iruinaard@ppc.co.za