[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index] [New Search]

Re: [T3] Anyone got them cool seat belts??

> I don't have, and have never seen, the adaptors.

Let me see if I can properly describe them. I say adapter, but it may be
that I don't need them on OEM belts. I did with aftermarket stuff.

Where the belts attach is currently a large "plug". The plug is plastic and
approx. 1" across, with a phillips head notch in the middle. When I unscrew
it, it leaves a big 1" hole. 

I don't remember who told me about them but I picked up the adapters (4 of
them) at a salvage yard.

They are made of heavy aluminum, threaded on the outside. They fit
perfectly into the big 1" hole, and in turn have a threaded hole in the
middle for a bolt that is maybe, 3/8" - 7/16".

Needless to say, you put the adapter in, put a bolt through the metal tab
on the end of the belt and screw it into the adapter.

Is this an unnecessary part for the OEM belts? Do the originals have a bolt
large enough to screw into the hole?

This makes me very curious if Jim has never seen nor heard of these

> From: Jim Adney <jadney@vwtype3.org>
> To: Bill Niles <beel@avicom.net>
> Subject: Re: [T3] Anyone got them coolo`r#lts??
> Date: Friday, March 19, 1999 11:01 PM
> On 19 Mar 99, at 9:56, Bill Niles wrote:
> > Mine is a '64 Notchback. Large 1" hole over the shoulder and on the
> > slot setup on the side of the seat. I have 2 of the adapters for
> > installation but would need  at least 2 more. Do you have any extra's
> > know where I should look?
> I don't have, and have never seen, the adaptors.
> > Also, do you have any idea how the back seat belts were mounted? I
found 2
> > holes up under the back part of the seat in the middle and there is a
> > over each passengers shoulder. I cannot find a third location for the
> > of the lap belt. From the connection spots I've found I could only
> > a shoulder harness without a lap belt. This isn't right is it?
> No, it's not right. The two lap ends mount to two of the pan to body 
> bolts. Later cars came with a reinforcing plate under the outer two 
> points. I might have a pair of these plates, too.
> Jim
> > > What year? I probably have some. These are called lap and shoulder 
> > > belts, or 3-point belts.
> -
> *******************************
> Jim Adney, jadney@vwtype3.org
> Madison, Wisconsin, USA
> *******************************

Unsubscribe? mailto:type3-request@vwtype3.org, Subject: unsubscribe

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index] [New Search]