Re: [T3] Anyone got them cool seat belts??

> I don't have, and have never seen, the adaptors.

Let me see if I can properly describe them. I say adapter, but it may be
that I don't need them on OEM belts. I did with aftermarket stuff.

Where the belts attach is currently a large "plug". The plug is plastic and
approx. 1" across, with a phillips head notch in the middle. When I unscrew
it, it leaves a big 1" hole.

I don't remember who told me about them but I picked up the adapters (4 of
them) at a salvage yard.

They are made of heavy aluminum, threaded on the outside. They fit
perfectly into the big 1" hole, and in turn have a threaded hole in the
middle for a bolt that is maybe, 3/8" - 7/16".

Needless to say, you put the adapter in, put a bolt through the metal tab
on the end of the belt and screw it into the adapter.

Is this an unnecessary part for the OEM belts? Do the originals have a bolt
large enough to screw into the hole?

This makes me very curious if Jim has never seen nor heard of these
"adapters".
Bill