Re: [T3] Themostat housing

<snip>

> the dang thing just hangs there.  If you look at if from the side there is a
> stud sticking out of the engine block about where something would screw
> into, but that is the way I got it from the PO.  If there is something I am
> missing does anybody got one that they want to sell me?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ed Hanis
> Lansing MI USA
> 73 Square

Ed,

If the stud is under the 1&2 cyls., then that is what it is for.  Do you have
the rest of the hardware? There is a rod assy. with a spring and a lever to
connect to the rod with the flaps on it.  When I rebuilt my engine, I found that
a PO had welded a washer on the rod to keep the flaps open.  Living in Florida,
I decided to pass the thermo and linkage to a fellow lister.  If you have a
Bentley manual, there is a good diagram.  If not, lemme know - I can scan it for
you this afternoon.

--
Justin
edenfijd@earthlink.net  http://home.earthlink.net/~edenfijd