[T3] Themostat housing

I have a 73 square with stock FI.  Is there some sort of thermostat housing
that I am missing?  I have never had a thermo in it, just ran with the flaps
open all the time.  Figured with the cold weather it may help the car warm
up a bit better if the flaps closed when the engine didn't need cooling and
the dang thing just hangs there.  If you look at if from the side there is a
stud sticking out of the engine block about where something would screw
into, but that is the way I got it from the PO.  If there is something I am
missing does anybody got one that they want to sell me?

Thanks,

Ed Hanis
Lansing MI USA
73 Square