Re: [T3] Themostat housing

On 2 Dec 99, at 0:39, ed.hanis wrote:

> I have a 73 square with stock FI.  Is there some sort of thermostat housing
> that I am missing?  I have never had a thermo in it, just ran with the flaps
> open all the time.  Figured with the cold weather it may help the car warm
> up a bit better if the flaps closed when the engine didn't need cooling and
> the dang thing just hangs there.  If you look at if from the side there is a
> stud sticking out of the engine block about where something would screw
> into, but that is the way I got it from the PO.  If there is something I am
> missing does anybody got one that they want to sell me?

Yes, there was a thermostat bracket that mounted to that stud, but
there is a lot of other stuff that you need, too. The bracket is easy
to find (it may be the same as a beetle) but the type 3 specific
parts are rare and costly. The main thing is the bell crank that
mounts to the top of the right head. Do you have that?

Jim
-
Jim Adney     jadney@vwtype3.org
        Madison WI USA