Trim rejuvination

Date: Sat, 23 May 1998 15:33:24 -0700
From: Allen Moore <concept@compassnet.com>
To: type-3@umich.edu
Subject: Re: trim rejuvination

Dear RJ

   Another list member (Big Al) has suceeded in the past by using vegtable
oil
   (cooking kind) on trim to shine it up and make it look newer.  I believe
the
   process is to spread it on quite thick and let it sit a day or two to
soak in.
   Then wipe off and apply more and wait a few more days.  After a few
   times it will be shiny and soft again.  Of course the trim has to be in
   pretty good shape to start out with.  This procedure will not fix tears
or
   cracks, but it can shape up dried out rubber pretty descently.

  Allen Moore
  70' Square
  concept@compassnet.com