More Type 3's On The Telly

Date: Sat, 23 May 1998 15:26:43 -0700
From: Allen Moore <concept@compassnet.com>
To: type-3@umich.edu
Subject: More Type 3's On The Telly

Date: Sat, 23 May 1998 15:20:47 -0700
From: Allen Moore <concept@compassnet.com>
To: type-3@vwtype3.org

Hey All:

   With all the discussion lately about Type 3's appearing on television.
There was a
    segment on "Unsolved Mysteries" last night which dealt with this chair
that was
    in an English Pub in Yorkshire, England that had a curse on it.  If you
dare the
    chair and sit in it, you will come to an untimely end.  Sometimes within
an hour
    or so of sitting in it. Anyway, there were these RAF leutenants from a
nearby
    base that got pissed and sat in the chair and said they didn't belive in
such things.
    Well, on the way home in a Squareback, (Looked like a 67-69 model, quite
nice)
    they ran into a tree with it and that was the end of them.  The show
didn't show
    the Square smashed up, it just showed it careening down the road, then
when it
    went off camera, you heard squeeling tires and a crunching noise.  I
assume
    the Squareback didn't get hurt in the show.  I wondered it the original
guys that
    the story was about had a Squareback too.

    Needless to say, the Pub owner thought the chair was too dangerous and it

    now is in the local museum, mounted 5 feet up a wall so no others will
sit in
    it.

   Our Squares should be safe now...

   Allen Moore