Re: Stupid T3 tricks

>Hi all...
>
>        went to adjust the gen. belt tension on my T3 the other day.
>
>        Now, am I extraordinarily clumsy, or does everyone else manage
>to drop the pulley nut and/or a couple of shims down into the
>bottom of the fan housing 4/5 times?  (Come on, 'fess up...;)
>
>        ("I'm *not* going to drop this nut. <turn>  I'm *not* going
>to drop this nut." <turn>  "I'm *not*... <thunk> argggghhhh!")
>
>-Greg
>'71 squareback
>'63 Beetle

Greg,

The worst job on a T3 without a doubt !!  (even worse than changing th eoil
cooler seals with the engine in the car).

I still haven't made a special tool for the pulley nut al-la Muir, but I
intend to soon.

Apart from the other advice I always have a magnetic retrieval tool handy
fro when the inevitable happens.

Regards,
Steve Farmer

Heads Together Systems Pty Ltd
PO Box 461 Rozelle, NSW, 2039
Sydney, Australia

Net: hts@hts.com.au
Tel: 612 9810 3866
Fax: 612 9555 1866
Visit our Web Site at http://www.hts.com.au/~hts

Minds are like parachutes, they work best when open.