re: Re: Type 3 Inertia Reel Seat Belts and flasher lights

"larry d. adkins" <lda@lex.infi.net> Wrote:

| Wayne,
|
| I have an automatic 73 Fastback.  If you read what the
| Bentley
| Manual says my car should have the illuminated e-flasher
| and
| a cigarette lighter.  I have neither......My car came with
| dealer
| installed air conditioning and I'm sure it's not a Basic
| model.
| As far as the seat belts I'm not sure exactly what they
| mean,
| mine has your "modern car" belts, they retract when you
| unhook
| them lap and shoulder.  Hope this helps some???!!!
|
| Larry D. Adkins
| 73 Fastback

Larry,

Thanks for the information.  I've never seen a retractable one in a VW of this
era.  Are the belts Black or colour coded to the car?  What sort of air
conditioning is it?  Under dash fan setup or does it run from the motor?

Regards,

Wayne
'72 Notch
'73 Square