RE: [T3] Valve stem seals ?

Ill chime in to say that on the intake valve, where there is suction, the
seals will help keep oil out and keep it from getting burned with the
mixture, but on the exaust where there is always pressure and where a little
oil doesn't matter much I can see you wanting to have more oil in there.  I
remember carbon building up on the stem of a lawnmower valve many years ago,
it ran till it got hot and then the exaust valve would stick open.  Ive seen
this same buildup on our valves but never heard of one sticking.

Keith

I understand that your official VW training taught you that these
were there to push oil into the valve guides, but why would VW need
to push oil into their valve guides when every other engine maker
goes to great lengths to seal oil out?