Re:[T3] Square Back 1965

>To All:
>Here is a list of parts I am looking for to get this square on the road
>again. Well I hope this is all I need!

>I need: a brake master cylinder with out ports on the bottom.
>        brake fluid reservoir.
>        brake fluid line from reservoir to master cylinder.
>        seat adjustment knobs and parts for both sides of front seata.

You might want to try the Samba classifieds for these parts. The Master
cylinder you can get thryu a good autro supply store (remanufactured).

>       ignition lock complete with switch.
This part is made of unobtainium, and is VERY expensive (read $200+) if you
find it. Just so you know, with a little work you can use the more commonly
found (and cheaper) 68 to 71 style steering column head in your car. These are
available on the Samba, complete with the turn signal switch. Myself and a
couple of others have done this swap, as it's fairly easy to do. It is however
incorrect for your car. It really comes down to a functioniong part, versus trying
to find an obsolete NLA part. If you talk to some of the early guys (from the
1500 club for example), they'll tell you that the early style switch is also
fragile, and does have a tendency to fail electrically.

>        turn signal assembly with head light flasher swith.
>        head light relay.
>        turn signal flasher.

I believe most of these parts interchange with a beetle. But I think the turn
signal switch is a T-3 only part (if used with the original steering column
head and ignition switch assembly). I don't know if you've kept the car 6 volt,
or converted it to 12 volts. This does make a difference. I hope this helps.

Bob 65 Notch S w/ Sunroof and IRS (Krusty)
       71 Square, now a 2 seat Roadster, pics can be seen at;
http://volksrods.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2977 and now running the old Notch motor with
D-jet FI engine. : )