Re: [T3] oil light flicker

I consider a flickering oil light a sign that the engine is near the end...
but it kinda depends on how sensitive the pressure switch is.  I find that
you usually have nearly no oil pressure by the time they open but this isnt
always true.
    That being said... these engines are tough! and as Jim will chime in im
sure you get more flow with loose bearings and they can go on for quite a
while this way. A better indication of impending doom is an engine that
rattles or knocks when you first start it then quiets down as the oil
pressure comes up.  I still got another 10K out of one this way though.
    What worries me more is that when the engines get older they tend to go
through heat stroke after a long streach on the highway and you accelerate
back up to speed... the oil temp spikes for a short time and slowly comes
back to normal.  at 96K the engine in my Square is no where near a
flickering oil light but it does spike to 210 when I pull back up to speed
after a highway run before it settles back to 160-180 where it runs
normally.  It DIDNT do this as much when it was yonguer and not at all when
it was below 50Kmi or so.

Keith