Re: [T3] My Automatic Square update (long)

A lot of folks recommend putting the fuel filter on the suction side
of the fuel pump as opposed to the discharge side. The rationale being
that it keeps gunk from getting in the fuel pump. I personally like
this idea. Can anyone come up with a negative?

One other thing that might be worth checking out is the condition of
the fuel suction sock on the inside of the tank (and the inside of the
tank in general). Was the gunk in your filter really black or
red-brown? Red would tell you there's an awful lot of rust in there-
something you might want to take a look at if you have water
accumulation.