Re: [T3] Best dizzy for AT with carbs?

On 20 Mar 2003 at 16:41, BOB2TYPE3S@aol.com wrote:

> Phil wrote:
> >The best dizzy for the AT is the one that came with
> >the fuel injection system, just find a place to get
> >the proper vaccume draw for it from the carb's and run
> >the dog out of it.
>
> Well, I don't have an FI dizzy, and Jim says that the vac advance Is wrong
> for carbs. I just thought someone out there would know out of the list I gave
> what would work best, or if I needed to go shopping. Thanks.

You might be best off with one of the FI dists, and just not connect the vac
adv. I'm sure we could find you a dead vac can if you like. I like the 311 L
dist. You also should know that the AT came with a different vacuum modulator
on carbed cars. I'd expect that part to be extremely hard to find in the US,
but someone could probably find you one in England.