Re: [T3] Woo Who!!

On 18 Mar 2003 at 10:21, Earthman? wrote:

> > Check it out, everyone!  http://home.pon.net/tristessa/duh.html
>
> Wow, the similarity is amazing...   yikes. :)

You know, I've heard of maybe a dozen of these, but I've never actually seen
one in person. I fixed a 914 rear that had been this way, but by the time I got
to the car the ring had been removed.

BTW, I hear it happens on other brands of cars, too, including Japanese.

Personally I don't understand how the owners could let things get this far out
of hand. You have to play the radio pretty loud to mask the sound of the pad
backing plate grinding into the rotor.   ;-0

--
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org