Re: [T3] Effect of fuel pump pressure

On 2 Mar 2003 at 23:31, BOB2TYPE3S@aol.com wrote:

> Jim A. wrote:

> >This turns out to be more of a change than I expected, but it's still
> >not much. I think this amounts to much less than a 5% change, so it's
> >a lot less than changing one jet size.

> So, is this really a detrimental thing, being less than 5%?

No, I can't imagine that this would be enough to make a noticable difference. I
may try to do the calculation a bit more accurately later, but for now I am
sure that the effect is LESS than the numbers I posted: .015-.020". This looks
like it would make a change in the main jetting of about 0.5%-2%. In other
words, these figures are upper bounds on the real effect.

OTOH, I'm not sure how close you can trim a carb, so there is always the
possibility that Solex thought they could do better than this. But from
conversations here with a fellow who once did a lot of studies on carbs from
various manufacturers, I'd guess that even the 2% figure is WAY down in the
statistical noise and variation.

I've got your carb packed up, but I have another package to pack and will wait
a day or so until I can make just one trip to the Post Office. Thanks Bob.

--
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org