RE:[T3]Mechanical fuel pump and fuel regulator on FI 68 sq.

 Rob, I used a mechanical pump when I converted my wife's fasty. You need to
use the black spacer block and the appropriate fuel pump shaft for your pump.
On my son's bug he used one of those electric import pumps, because his case
didn't have a provision for a mechanical pump (FI case, no hole or studs). He
didn't need to use a regulator because the pump only put out about 1 1/2 to 3
psi which is what the solex carb requires. I hope this helps you out.
Bob 65 Notch S w/ sunroof