Re: [T3] Pollute less with more gas? (was: Dual carb versus EFI ? )

<x-charset iso-8859-1>I think part of the problem is comparing like with like. If we had to put FI
and catalysts on our cars, the consumption would probably suffer in the same
way that cars suffered in the '70s. The cause, of course, was manufacturers
making some effort to make tailpipe emissions from cars with old-design
engines comply with the laws, without having any interest in saving fuel. A
modern car like a Ford Focus is designed to save fuel AND reduce emissions,
and succeeds.

So I suppose Toby and Jim are both right........

</x-charset>