Re: [T3] 67 SQBK?

> My '63 has no seat levers on the side but does have a
> cable by the bottom of seat you pull, but on the door?
> I cant even imagine that, nor how it works.

Rob, just to clarify, those cables under your seat are not meant for pulling
with your hand, but they actually go to a small lever on the front of the
door jamb, next to the hinges.  Check your car out, you'll see a small lever
arm that should compress when the door is closed, and extend when open, this
is what is supposed to let the seat backs go free when the door is opened.
Unfortunately, the lever wears and falls out of adjustment, and sometimes
isn't fixable at all and many have resorted to pulling the cable under the
seat just as you have.  You can try to adjust the system with a wing nut
located under the seat that once loosened allows you to pull or push the
cable in order to get it to catch/release the seatback correctly.  Hope that
makes sense,

Yancy Everhart