RE: Re: [T3] 67 SQBK?

Hi All,

I have a "late" '67 Beetle, with well worn, but original seats.  I know of other '67 Beetles like this as well.  Well the "late" '67  Beetle seats are lowbacks, with the '68 up seatback release levers on the sides, (it seems that the '67's were a transition year across the ranges).  VW was known for doing this kind of stuff throughout the years, (Oval Dash/Split Window '52 Beetles, (Zwitters),  are a prime example). This might also explain the stampings, (but no cutouts in the front apron) as well.  As Keith said, VW did this in transition to the '68's.

Regards,

John La Francois
Blauvelt, NY USA
'65 Notch S (Nub)