[T3] My engine ,still waiting for eng head, steam

<x-charset iso-8859-1>I am going to let out some steam,

I just  called MOFOCO  and the defective head I have returned was not worked
on yet.
This pisses me off. I paid on Aug 30 . It is taking forever and these guys
said they forgot to work on my head or give me a replacement. These guys
are still giving me crap , I guess because I have already paid. They have
told me
that my part should arrive sometime next week.

I had the same problem with Rocky Mountain Motor Works, they had a
part backordered seven months . Every week I would call and every week they
told
my parts would arrive in a week. I am leary of buying anything from these
guys now.

 Customer service is suffering in some American vendors but we cannot do
anything
if they have some desireable parts.

That's enough steam.....

Once I get my part, I will torture my car again , my Volvo is feeling the
Leon treatment,
parts are breaking now.

Since I am just waiting for my parts, I have added a bigger oil cooling
system
above my auto tranny. I have placed two 72 plate  mesa coolers with fans, I
will
install a fan thermostat in an oil line , modified for higher temps.
I will have to monitor my oil temps to see what happens. This in conjunction
with my future 3 1/2 quart jumbo sump will make this engine case truly
oil cooled . I do not know how this will work in your snowy areas maybe need
put in 5 w oil, hee hee hee but good for 120 f degrees in the shade.

If you are a heavy driver/tow dude or competition durability guy, it is best
to buy
oil coolers from EARLS (in San Diego), they make exactly the same type of
oil
coolers as original VW but in various sizes , from itty bitty to jumbo
measured
in square feet. One square foot cooler cost about 300 bucks though but they
are best in the world.

I have been reading the listing on a VW airplane site. They have some
interesting
old threads on heads, cowling, ignition etc... These guys are anti heat,
durabilityand
performance dedicated. Alot of very smart cookies here know their stuff.
I will apply some tin mods that I read about to bring more air into the
head fins versus over the head cover, I guess tighter cowling  on the heads
will make it last longer. These guys have used the type 3 setup
These guys have had longetivity problems because the exhaust valve
guides wearing out at 300 hour (or 50,000 miles ?) They run their engines at
continuous 3500 to 4500 rpm which takes a heavy toll on engines, this
generates
much creativity. I hope my new heads with all those extra fins around the
exhaust
valve makes a difference too.

If you want to get into and read alot of technical
engine subjects, go to this site : (some things may not apply our VW engines
though)

http://www.escribe.com/aviation/vw/

My prime objective is to build an engine that will last like a Volvo and
take all of the
abuse I throw at it . I really need my car this year to go to the Mexican
desert and
my dads ranch. Why do I need this car for that ? I really like my little car
and besides
I can haul some stuff without getting 9 miles a gallon like my broken work
truck.

BABBLE BABBLE BABBLE ........ SORRY....

LEON MARTINEZ

1969 SQUAREBACK EFI/AUTO (STILL IN THE HOSPITAL
                                                WAITING FOR A HEAD
TRANSPLANT)

SAN DIEGO AND TIJUANA

</x-charset>