Re: [T3] New Purchase

On 2 Nov 2001, at 18:38, Neil wrote:

> So now I have my first fuel injected type 3. What process should I
> follow to try to start this thing? I don't want to hurt any of the FI
> components. Should I prime the fuel pump before trying to start it? I
> plan on pulling the tank and giving it a good cleaning before putting
> any gas in it. I've been through some of this before when I
> resurrected my '65 notch, but FI is a whole different beast.

Congratulations, since 69 was the last year of the early body style,
it remains one of my favorite years. It comes with the best of most
everything: 12V, IRS, FI, early style. I hope you get it going well
and are pleased with it.

Just clean out the tank and exit screen. You may or may not get
the pump to run, the FI controls it, so there will be a learning curve
just getting power to it. You should count on replacing all the fuel
hose, that's about 12-15 feet of hose.

Study the Bentley manual and ask questions here as they come
up.