[T3] Air regulator valve

I thought a while ago that I fixed the air regulator valve but I guess
I only fixed one problem on it , the sticking valve .
This worked only a couple of weeks, later it
 had no effect on air regulation two weekes ago and
the Idle was way to high. I had to grind open the valve and I
found that the bottom heater element inside had loose rivets
that secure the connections together. Well I had to thighten those
rivets and use a split hose and hose clamp to put the pieces back
together. I will weld it back together again this weekend.
The valve now works perectly, the engine starts now without
touching the gas pedal and the idle is even and perfect at all
temperatures. These things are fixable I guess depending
what kind of valve you have. I have heard from a VW mechanic
in Chula Vista that these kind of valves are also in all type 4
engines and also in some of the 924 newer type Porsche's.

LEON MARTINEZ
martinezl@ftscpac.navy.mil

1969 SQUAREBACK EFI/AUTO
SAN DIEGO AND TIJUANA