Re: [T3] License Plate Bracket

Jim Adney wrote:

> This sounds like you're describing a front bracket (1 horizontal
> crossbar with 2 vertical uprights), which is usually much harder to
> find. The rears (a simple horizontal crossbar) are the same as a
> beetle's and are commonly available many places.

It's so funny (for me) that you guys have those brackets, on most cars here
the plates are bolted directly to the car.

My bug has holes in the rear decklid to hold the plates (drilled at
pre-delivery?), and the bumpers were drilled by the dealership too. License
plates always come without any holes, the holes in those are also to be
drilled by the person putting on the plates. Then the plates were then just
bolted right on without brackets. My Variant has an original bracket up
front, the only thing it is good for is giving the plate a 90¼ angle. The
plate could very well be bolted right onto the front apron, but have the
bracket in between. The rear plate on my Variant is bolted directly to the
rear gate.

Then I have to ask you guys (and girls), why dont you just drill the
appropriate holes in the plates? Is it illegal?

PerL
73 Variant L

Pitch in!  Send your pledge of support!  mailto:support@vwtype3.org