Re: [T3] unleaded fuel

Paul wrote:

> In December 1999 unleaded fuel will no longer be easily available in the UK
> can the group please advise me on the best action to take for my 1973 1600E.
> Has anyone tried the inline kits,do lead substitues work etc . My engine
> number is u0508538.
> Your Paul

I really hope that you meant that you meant leaded fuel, not unleaded fuel. Lead
is an environmental no-no, so I guess that it is not lead in the gas anyway.
Anyway, I have once read a news bulletin from VW, stating that EVERY VW-engine
built after 1947 and Audi engine after 1965 is safe to run on unleaded gas. The
heads on my '73 Square have ran at least 75000 kms on unleaded gas, with no
problems whatsoever.

PerL
'73 Variant