Re: [T3] Engine out..

On 22 Mar 99, at 4:52, richard campbell wrote:

> Hello everyone
>
> I have just taken out the engine from my square as it is blowing past the
> heads - so new barrels & pistER^me, & a machining of the heads,

The most common problem here is that the lower head studs are pulling
out of the case. Don't wait until you are reassembling to discover
this! Before you pull the heads off, go through the head torquing
procedure. Verify that you CAN get the head studs to hold that
torque. If they can't, you must take everything apart and get inserts
installed in the case. It can be salvaged, but it is more work.

> here's my question, Is there anything that I can do to give the engine a
> little 'pep', any slight mods that I can make without costing big £££,
> Also is there any jobs to be done while the engines out.

Is you cooling system installed?

> Any experience would be helpfull as it's my first type 3 engine

For this work you should own and study the Bentley manual. For HP
tips buy the Bill Fisher "Hot Rod" book.

Jim