[T3] distributer spring. etc.

    I did another mini tune-up today on Phillip.  The points were
eating themselves up regularly, so I replaced the condensor, cap, and
rotor (and points).
    While I was in the distributor I removed the plate under the
pionts to clean things out.  Down under there are the centrifugal-type
arms, but only one set had a spring.  I looked like other arm had a
spring mounting point, but it was empty.  I believe this is one of the
aftermarket distributors everyone calls "009" (part #0231 178 009 also
says JF4 and 450).  Should there be two springs?
    What is the correct Bosch condensor for this?  My parts place sold
me #231 083 017, but the old one was #237 330 280
    I tried to use my new Uni-Syn carb synchronizer, but the darn Muir
orange juice trick didn't work.  Maybe these cardboard cans have
changed over the years.
    One more thing!  With the aircleaner off, I can see a brass screw
missing from the left carb body.  It is on the rear toward the
inside.  My Haynes manual shows a screw in this location called #37
"Venturi screw".   This will sound stupid, but "is this important"?
P.S.   The car is running much better now, I will know for sure once I
check the mileage.  It was down to 14-16mpg from the normal 22-24mpg.

Peter Parker
'66 Square; Phillip
Portland, OR