[T3] replacement antennae and motorized antennae

That's cool about the motorized but my question was about replacing the
"original" antenna. VW discontinued it and the aftermarket one was $45 TOO
expensive. I have a hunch another type three model or year that doesn't
have discontinued antennae would work. What's the word on entenna
interchangeability?

Thanks (need them tunes!!!)